The Chicago Cubs have a five-game winning streak! While the Cubbies are still firmly entrenched in the bottom spot of the National League Central division, they are now winning a whopping 42 % of their games! If the Cubs can get close to .500 by the All-Star break, fans might come to more of their games in the second half of the season. Is this the year? NO, but everyone is having fun!
Then, there is the Obama news, which is always the result of bungling by the “Great One”. This week Obama traded 5 major Al-Qaida murderers for one “marginal” deserter from Idaho, who should have joined the Peace Corps and not the US military. Good trade, Barry! Wonderful! As is his mode of operation Obama broke Federal law (even Nancy Pelosi says he broke the law) by not giving Congress the required 30 day notice for all prisoner releases from Guantanamo.
After officials of Qatar give their consent the five will be released. Let’s see….perhaps next Tuesday?
Logic would conclude that Obama wished to achieve all of the following goals:
1. Legitimize the Taliban by negotiating with them
2. Pleasing his Taliban friends by letting their leaders out of jail
3. Allowing the “Five” to kill more people in the ensuing years
4. Giving the Taliban a firm message that US concessions can be gotten from kidnapping US citizens
5. Evidencing the “solidarity” that the US has with the Muslim world.
So, given the character and history of those in the House, Senate and US Supreme Court, what can the American public do about Obama?
Grab your family and go out and see a ball game. Oh yeah…did I tell you? The Twins and Royals also won yesterday.